Our Privacy Notice
Who We Are
This privacy notice lets you know what happens to any personal data that you give to us, or any that we may collect from or about you. It applies to products and services relevant to you, and instances where we collect your personal data as described below.
This privacy notice applies to personal information processed by or on behalf of RestorFX International, Inc. (RestorFX International) and RestorFX Automotive, Inc. (RestorFX Automotive). For the purpose of this notice, RestorFX International and RestorFX Automotive will be collectively referred to as the RestorFX Group (RestorFX, We, Us, Our).
Where you interact directly with our business partners, your interaction with them is not covered by this privacy notice and they may have their own privacy notice in place. Please get in touch with them directly regarding any privacy concerns you may have with them.
Changes to this privacy notice
We may change this privacy notice from time to time by updating this page in order to reflect changes in the law and/or our privacy practices. We encourage you to check this privacy notice for changes whenever you visit our websites:
- restorfx.com (including store.restorfx.com and warranty.restorfx.com)
RestorFX and our Data Protection Officer
We are RestorFX, PO Box 3281, Blaine, WA 98231 USA. We are a data controller of your personal data. The RestorFX company or companies which provide your product or service are named at the start of these terms and conditions.
We have a dedicated data protection officer (DPO). You can contact the DPO using the details below, by writing to the above address or by going to Contact Us, and marking it for the attention of the DPO.
Who You Are
This notice applies to you or an entity acting on your behalf (You, Your). Your choice of interaction with us defines how this notice becomes relevant to you. You could choose your interaction to be any one or more of the following, if possible and mutually agreed upon where applicable:
A website guest
When you visit any of our websites without logging-in to an account that you have lawful and privileged access to, you interact with us through what you do on the website as a website visitor or guest (Website Guest).
An account in this context is an arrangement you have with us where we give you personalized and/or expanded access to the website (or online application) typically by you entering a username where applicable and a password. Not logging in to an account means it is either because the website is not intended for such kind of accounts, you don’t have an account that you can lawfully access the website with, or you simply choose not to login to an account that you have lawful and privileged access to. The privilege to access our website with an approved account is described below.
As Website Guest, feel free to use our website with the understanding that we will respect your information as you use our website and you will respect our terms for your use of the website.
A website user
When you use any of our websites and you login to an account that you have lawful and privileged access to as described above, you interact with us through what you do on the website as a website user with personalized access (Website User).
We grant you the privilege to have personalized access to our website if and when we approve and give you an account to do so, with the understanding that we will respect your information as you use our website and you will respect our terms for your use of the website.
A retail customer with a recorded service
When you avail of any of our retail guaranteed services, your service is registered with RestorFX International after you are informed of the registration, for which you will receive confirmation. For this reason, you interact with us as a retail customer with a recorded service (Service-Recorded Customer).
A business partner
When you enter a RestorFX agreement to carry out business with us, you interact with us as a Business Partner.
A business partner with a recorded service
As Business Partner (described above), when you perform and register any of our retail and/or wholesale guaranteed services with RestorFX International, you interact with us as a business partner with a recorded service (Service-Recorded Business Partner).
A direct interactee
When you directly engage with us either through our website contact form, by writing us an email, by calling us over the phone or speaking to us in person, you interact with us as a Direct Interactee. This kind of interaction may be in tandem with the other kinds of interaction described above.
What kinds of personal information about you do we process and what for?
RestorFX does not sell your information.
Personal information that we process in connection with all of our products and services, if relevant, depends on your interaction with us. This information includes the following for:
- Some of our websites use a web analytics tool called Google Analytics to improve user experience across the board for all who interact with our websites. One example of this kind of use is addressing potential technical issues with a page that intended viewers appear to not know how to deal with. The information processed is not personally identifiable.
- Another use of Google Analytics is with interest-based advertising (where lawful, technically possible and we choose to do so) to help us suggest some of our products and/or services that we think may be useful and hopefully add value to life.
- You can refuse to have Google Analytics apply to you by disabling its cookies. Please consult your browser documentation to do so. If you deactivate Google Analytics, you will still have access to the same information and services from our websites.
- In addition to the above items for Website Guest, we also process information according to the type of your interaction with us as described in the other interactions below.
- Personal and contact details such as full name, contact details
- Vehicle information such as partial or full Vehicle Identification Number (VIN), vehicle make, model and year.
- These information are processed to validate service guarantees and maintain the quality of our service.
- Personal, business and contact details such as name and contact details.
- These information are necessary either to execute a contract and fulfill contractual obligation, and/or to provide and/or deliver a product or service.
- We may also use this information to send you notices, announcements and pertinent information regarding your relationship and/or interaction with us.
Service-Recorded Business Partner
- Personal and contact details, such as name and business contact details
- These information are processed to validate service and/or product guarantees and maintain the quality of our products and services.
- Where applicable and necessary, records of your contact with us such as via our contact phone number and, if you get in touch with us online using our online services and/or online contact form, personal and contact details such as name and contact details.
- You provide these to us voluntarily or when we ask you for necessary information so we can address your issue or request.
What is the source of your personal information?
We collect personal information from the following general sources:
- From you directly
- Information generated about you when you use our products and services
- Existing Business Partners who we work with to provide you our products and services
What more do we use your personal data for?
Aside from those mentioned above, we may use your information for the following:
- Managing the product or service you have with us, or any aspect of it
- Updating your records, especially if and when you ask us to do so even if you can update them yourself
- To research, perform and/or test the performance of our products, services and internal processes
What are the legal grounds for our processing of your personal information (including when we share it with others)?
We rely on the following legal bases to use your personal data:
- Where it is needed to provide you with our products or services, such as going to your location for your training, or for delivering your order to your shipping address
- Where it is in our legitimate interests to do so, such as when we need to share your personal information with people or organisations in order to comply with any legal and/or regulatory obligations
- To comply with our legal obligations
- With your consent or explicit consent, such as for some direct marketing communications
When do we share your personal information with other organisations?
We may share information with the following third parties for the purposes listed above:
- Service providers such as FedEx for shipping or QuickBooks for accounting
- Other organisations and businesses who provide services to us such as back up and server hosting providers, printing service providers, Information Technology software and maintenance providers, document storage providers and suppliers of other back office functions
How and when can you withdraw your consent?
Where we’re relying upon your consent to process personal data, you can withdraw this at any time by contacting us using the details below.
What should you do if your personal information changes?
You should tell us so that we can update our records using the details in the Contact Us section of our website. We’ll then update your records if we can.
Do you have to provide your personal information to us?
We’re unable to provide you with our products or services if you do not provide certain information to us. In cases where providing some personal information is optional, we’ll make this clear.
For how long is your personal information retained by us?
Unless we explain otherwise to you, we’ll hold your personal information based on the following criteria:
- For as long as we have reasonable business needs, such as managing our relationship with you and managing our operations
- For as long as we provide goods and/or services to you and then for as long as a guarantee claim is serviceable; and/or
- Retention periods in line with legal and regulatory requirements or guidance.
What can I do about my personal information with you?
By getting in touch with us through the contact details below, among others you can:
- Request for your personal information and obtain information about how we process it.
- Request for your personal information to be erased.
- Opt out of any email marketing, or you can also follow the accompanying unsubscribe link.
If you have any questions about this privacy notice, or if you wish to exercise your rights or contact the DPO, you can contact us by going to the Contact Us section of our website. Alternatively, you can write to RestorFX, PO Box 3281, Blaine, WA 98231 USA, marking it for the attention of the DPO.
May 25, 2018